Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Final Countdown...


With only 9 days left until my departure, I'm starting to get pretty excited. I did a trial run on packing with the medium-sized suitcase yesterday with surprising success. I managed to get all of my clothes rolled up and jammed in to one side, leaving the other for the copious amount of other junk I need to take. I made tedious, long lists of everythig that fit in the suitcase, all the tech junk going in my backpack, and all the small stuff I still need to get (sunscreen, dramamine for those 3 hour long ferry rides across the Irish Sea, etc.). Today I will be heading to Target with the supply list, and after I knock that out, I should be ready to go.

Suzy, one of the ladies in my group, and I will both be arriving at noon at Heathrow next Friday, so we'll be sharing a taxi into Bloomsbury. There are about six of us who will be arriving early in London for the weekend, in addition to our group leaders Clinton and Charlie, and we'll be having an official meet and greet at 4 PM at the Royal Overseas League near St. James's Palace. I can't wait to meet everyone; we've done more than a fair amount of e-mailing since we were all notified of winning the fellowship, but it will be nice to connect the faces with all the snarky comments. This should be a lively group! In addition to drinks on Friday, we've planned a visit to the British Library, British Museum, a performance of As You Like It at The Globe, eating lots of dim sum, and having many more drinks. A busy weekend it will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment